Thursday, August 11, 2011

ISN'T IT A LOVELY NIGHT: Because I get all my Decemberists news from Colin Meloy's Twitter feed, and because nobody in his right mind would tweet that a dear friend has cancer, I didn't know that Decemberists keyboardist Jenny Conlee had taken some time off while being treated for breast cancer. But a couple of nights ago, she was back on stage with the band. You know what's great about Jenny Conlee? Every single fucking thing. So great news for Decemberists fans that she's recovering, and best of luck to her.

3 comments:

  1. Squid2:29 PM

    She's going to have a massive collection of knit/crocheted hats.  Just staggering.  My wife is probably knitting one right now.

    All kidding aside, it's really good to see her on stage again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. littleredyarn3:53 PM

    She's just awesome, and I only wish her the best.

    I guess I should get started on a few hats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He may not have tweeted it, but he did mention it during their set at the Newport Folk Festival, which was excellent.  (At least in its archived form on NPR Music:  http://www.npr.org/2011/07/31/137182356/newport-folk-2011-the-decemberists-live-in-concert)

    ReplyDelete